SWOT analysis of my own skills

 STRENGTHS:

- I am passionate about art and all things creative, and I spend almost every day working on my skills in one way or another.

- I am constantly consuming a variety of media from books, movies, tv shows, games and music, from a variety of genres to impact my influences and create something new.

- I am knowledgeable in many different fields of art within games or outside of games which I can use and reflect on for my game. Allowing me to be a more useful part of the team as I can contribute to anything artistic within the game.

- I am always willing to learn to artistic skills and ideas to better reflect the project.

WEAKNESSES:

- I have bad attention span issues and will frequently switch tasks unless it is a part of the project I am keen and passionate on working.

- I tend to do work sporadically, doing a bit of concept art, then 3D modelling something completely different, etc. often leading to tasks being spread out and unfinished. 

- It sometimes takes me longer than it should to start on a bit of a project, often leading me to make assets, animations and art for pieces of a game a couple weeks later than it needs to be. 

OPPORTUNITIES:

- We are showing off our game at the Norwich Forum Games Convention where we can talk to industry developers, give our own talks to the public and demonstrate our skills within a subject.

- We might also be participating in the East Anglia June Games Jam where we will have a week to make a game within a theme. This will be a great way too see how our skills have developed from the first game we made in a game jam, to the last. 

- I am going to university in Falmouth to study Games Animation, where I will be able to specialize into animation for games.

 

THREATS:

- My specialty is 2D illustrations, animation and design, with knowledge and moderate skill within 3D art, and a rudimentary understanding of 3D animation. Too secure a job within the games development scene, it would be best if I worked on all of my skills to get them to industry standard, that way I have more job positions available to me. It would also be beneficial to learn areas such as level design and a bit of coding so then I would have more knowledge of how the other positions in the industry work to accommodate them in my work.

-  There have been lots of lay offs within the games industry, and with the art side of games under threat of being replaced by AI, it means the jobs currently available might not be available for very long, and could very well be taken by AI. 

- Getting into the industry for your first few years is always the toughest until you have projects under your job history to make you an accreditable employee for new potential jobs. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts