walk animation

 

For animating the model once it was all put together and textured, I had to make bones so I could manipulate the body for each frame. After I had done this I started to add IK constraints, which allows you to move a bone and the rest in a way that looks and feels natural to a human body by adding new separate bones to use as moving pieces.

After that, I then opened the animation panel, and started to position the model into different key frames of a walk, then add a frame. After this, I ended up with a walk cycle to use for the game which then could be exported and used.

Reflection

I like the animation, I feel like its uncanny and awkward enough to b perceived as a human walk, but if I were to do this again, I would try and make the start and end of the walk cycle blend seemlessly together so it feels less jittery. 



Comments

Popular Posts