Concept Art Client Work

 These were some original pencil sketches I made for the original monster brief. That being something uncanny trying to resemble your friend, then, dements into an unknowledgeable monster. These were the two sketches the level designer who originally created the game liked the look of and felt fit the brief.















This was a more rendered digital illustration of an uncanny face, as I tried to figure out what makes a face look uncanny compared to just normal, such as wide unblinking eyes, pale sickly skin, high contrast images of black and white, etc.




















These were some digital sketches I made for inspiration for the transformed version of the monster, trying to figure our how far down the eldritch route we should take and some variations.


















































Here is the digital illustration the level designer/director liked the most, so I rendered the illustration out to get a good feel of what the textures might be like on this monster and how I might colour it. However, our idea for the monster's final form eventually changed as the game idea changed and evolved.






















Reflection
I liked the concept art I made for the monster, I feel they vary enough to give options when it came to deciding, while still fitting accurately with the theme. However, next time I would like to do some concept art on the body of the monster and how it would move, as during the modelling stage for the end stage of the monster it was difficult 3D modelling the body as I hadn't explored options for that, nor on how it would move.

Comments

Popular Posts